Happy New Year Everyone x I hope you all had a fabulous New Years Eve what ever you did x Mine was quiet, me and Mummy Lou spent the evening eating, drinking and reflecting on the year gone by.
2014 was a tough year in a lot of ways, my health issues continued and in some ways worsened, my godmother had an accident and broke several bones, and both my mum and my godfather are set for surgery and hospital stays in the New Year, but we're all still here and we're still battling on.
My health issues have affected my blog a lot more than I would have liked over the last 12 months and as a result my blog hasn't moved on as much in 2014 as I would have liked. I didn't post as much as regularly as I could have done and I wasn't happy with the quality or variety of some of my posts, at time it all felt a bit samey.
It wasn't all negative when it came to the blog though - last week I hit 700,000 all time blog views, Thank You so much it's an amazing feat which I'm unbelievably proud of, and it really shows how far that I've come. I also attended quite a few blogger events last year which I really enjoyed - I'm still quite a shy person and if you'd asked me a few years ago if I could walk into a room full of people I barely knew and feel pretty comfortable I would never have believed you. Blogging has made such a difference in helping me get some form of independence back. It's given me something to focus on other than my illness, and it's helped me to meet so many new people.
Unlike some people who've hidden their blogs from their friends and family I've always been open with mine. My friends and family might not always understand some of the things that I do or I talk about but they've always been 100% supportive. For Christmas my lovely mum treat me to two things that are hopefully going to make blogging and social media a little bit easier for me in 2015 - a shiny new laptop and quite fabulously a video camera.
My aim in 2014 was to expand both my blog and my You Tube channel, but as you've probably already gathered that didn't really happen. Hopefully my new camera and some new lighting will enable me to make more and better quality videos, and hopefully a speedier laptop will make all of those blogging tasks such as photo editing and drafting much easier.
So what can you expect from my blog and You Tube in 2015? Well I want my blog and my You Tube channel to grow and to improve. I've listened to and read your comments over the last few months and the majority of you want to see more beauty reviews. Your wish is my command and whilst my blog is still about a bit of everything, beauty will definitely dominate in 2015. I'm also going to try and do a few more outfit and fashion posts, and a few more home related, food and lifestyle posts to mix it up a bit. I'm also hoping to post more regularly too, and of course there will be some more giveaways. I've already asked this question in my recent giveaway post but there is any specific post that you would like to read please let me know x
You Tube wise, monthly favourites will resume, and I will eventually get round to doing my much requested room tour post. I'm also planning on doing a few tags, an updated what's in my bag and maybe an updated perfume collection video. Again if there are any videos that you would like to see than please leave me a comment and I'll do my best once I get to grips with my camera x
Away from blogging and You Tube I'm not big and resolutions but I do have a few personal goals that I'm going to try and focus on that I'm going to share with you.
Goals For 2015
1. Stop comparing myself to others! Why do we do this? Someone will always be better than you at something, prettier than you, cleverer than you. It only depresses you - I need to concentrate on me and my positives rather than bothering about other people so much
2. Use and wear what I buy - Looking back at last years haul posts I bought so much stuff. Do I really need another nude eyeshadow palette, another blue nail polish, and yet another black or white vest - quite frankly no. Trimming My Stash is going to continue and I'm going to make a huge effort to cut down on my spending and buying so much of the same stuff.
3. Be more organised - I make this resolution / set this goal every year but this needs to be the year that I actually do it. I need to be tidier, and I need to clear out my clutter. I dread to think just how much time I've wasted looking for things I've mislaid and how much stress its caused me.
4. Food - I did so well on my healthy eating plan at the beginning of last year that it goes without saying that in 2015 I'll be trying to do more of the same. My aims are 3 meals a day, healthier snacks and to try and do a bit more exercises and physical activity.
5. Sleep - My illness plays havoc with my sleeping patterns but at times I don't think I help myself. My aim for 2015 is to make it into bed before midnight, to cut down on social media late at night, to cut out the afternoon naps and to try and get up at a sensible time no matter how useless I feel or how badly I've slept.
6. Switch off the laptop, the iPad and my iPhone for one day a week - This is a pretty big one but like most of us communication and social media plays such a huge role in my life that sometime I neglect other things. On those days I'm planning to spend time doing other things that I enjoy, reading, watching films or craft and spending more time with my family.
Like any year I'm expecting 2015 to have it's ups and downs, life's like that and nothing ever goes to plan, but in the majority of cases we are in charge of out own destiny, and I'm going to do my level best to make 2015 my best and most successful year ever x Happy New Year and here's hoping it's a good one for all of us x